Sunday, May 18, 2014

Epic Day Bonanza

Yesterday was the Epic Day class, so in honor of it, I have an epic post. And just as a reminder - Epic Day DSP is on the Weekly Deals list this week (ends Monday at 11:50pm MT).

On the left, MC (standing) is using the Big Shot. I had tables set up for creating and then different stations around the room - Big Shot, Punches, Stamps, and Cutting. I also had out ink, markers, and other tools (Simply Scored, Envelope Punch Board, etc.).

Next:  the group (clockwise - Sherri, Karen O., Karen W., and MC) working away. Everyone got a pack of supplies and then used those supplies to create whatever they felt like making. Partway through we took a break and had some snacks before returning to our crafting. Thanks, Sherri, for the bagels.

Here are the cards made by Karen and MC O'Connell (first) and Sherri Calhoun (second group). I had many samples out for them to follow, but they also made some original designs. The coffee cup card is by MC and in the bottom right of Sherri's pile is one she designed with the stamp set Happy Hour. Yes, they made all these cards - and still took home a pile of supplies so they can make even more.











Karen Waller did some scrapbooking. She made several pages, but this 2 page spread is the only one I got pictures of. She CASEd a layout I had, but put her own spin on it. I loved the details she stamped for the page (some shown under the pages). I particularly liked the way she cut out the Happy Birthday banner.


Here are some cards that I made yesterday.

I used Happiest Birthday Wishes, By The Tide, and By The Seashore on this first one. It took a long time to cut the crab so close (especially since I did a quicker cut with a border first and since it didn't look right did the more time consuming close cut). It's worth it, though, because it's my brother's birthday card.

I've also shown a close up of the crab, which I popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals, and a picture of the inside.
I used By The Tide for this card. I've included a close up of the fish so you can see how shiny it is. After coloring the fish, I covered it with Crystal Effects. It dries shiny like this.




Here's a card using Epic Day Washi Tape and the Oh, Hello stamp set.
Here are a couple more cards. I actually had the pieces already cut for the card on the left. They were leftover from when I made the TSSC 312 card. I just figured out how I wanted to use them. The card on the right was made awhile ago, but it goes with the theme, so I've included it.
Told you it was an epic post! 14 pictures. Hope you found some good inspiration in today's post. If you were at the class - thanks for coming! If you missed the class - be on the lookout for the next one. You won't want to miss it - lots of projects and even more fun!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...