Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Love Eclipse Card

Here is my first attempt at an Eclipse card. I've been thinking about trying this technique for a while but when one of my club members asked about doing one, that was all it took for me to finally give it a try. We made this card last month in club.


Supplies:

Stamps: Sheltering Tree, Tabs For Everything (the heart), and Good Greetings (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Soft Suede
Cardstock: Real Red, Whisper White
Big Shot: Large Letters Framelits

Edit 1/17/22: This card is a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card so the layers are as follows:
Base: 8.5 x 5.5 Whisper White folded in half
Real Red layer: 4 x 5.25
Whisper White layer: 3.75 x 5
Hope the dimensions help.

Sorry the sentiment is from a retired set. You could use the Be Mine or XOXO stamps from Bloomin' Love and they would look great there -- maybe even better.

This angled shot shows the letters a little better. They are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals, but I highly recommend using the Foam Adhesive Strips. For one thing, they are skinnier so they fit under the letters better. I had to cut up a lot of dimensionals. For another, they are a little thicker than the dimensionals, so you'll get a little more contrast showing.


Letters with openings, like the O, can be left empty or the center cut out can be put back in. If you put the center cut out back in, be sure to glue it down flat. I liked the extra pop of red on this card. If your image spans onto or over the center, I think it looks better with the center back in.

I hope you'll give this technique a try. They are kind of addictive. The whole time we were making this card, people kept coming up with words and names they wanted to use for Eclipse cards. 

If you are in the Garner/Southern Wake County/Raleigh, NC area and you'd like to join us to make 3 fun projects a month, a new stamp club will be starting in April. I also allow non-club members as space permits. Contact me for more info.

3 comments:

BSI said...

I love this card. I just saw this on Pinterest.

Tammy said...

I love this card but, the dimensions would be greatly appreciated.

Sue Root said...

Thank you Tammy. I'm glad you like the card.

This card is a standard 4.25 x 5.5 card so the layers are as follows:
Base: 8.5 x 5.5 Whisper White folded in half
Real Red layer: 4 x 5.25
Whisper White layer: 3.75 x 5
Hope the dimensions help.

Your contact is set to no-reply so I could not email this to you directly, but hopefully you'll see this comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...