Monday, March 17, 2014

TSSC 306 - Papaya Collage

I bought Papaya Collage because I really like the frame image in it.  The rest of the elements are cool, but most have never seen ink.  Somehow, they seemed just right for the Designer Series Paper (DSP) that I picked for this week's TSSC design team sample.


I was leery about just mixing these elements as a "collage," but I figured I'd give it a try. Those of you who know me or read my blog regularly probably have figured out that I'm not overly comfortable with random. In fact, it took me a long time to even stamp off the edge of the cardstock! I laugh about it now, but that really was a big step for me. So these types of designs are a stretch.

I don't think it's too bad for my first attempt. For some reason, it's a lot cuter in person.  Possibly because with the Four Frames image on the front popped up (love Stampin' Dimensionals!), you can see the Bermuda Bay flowers better.  They kind of get lost in 2-D.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate
DSP: Eastern Elegance
Stamps: Papaya Collage, Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes, French Foliage (for the splotches - would have used the ones from the My Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit, but a friend was borrowing that set)
Punch: Decorative Label Punch

Here's this week's TSSC sketch:
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjmgbqS69m_iSOobwhhlPfLNHxW2J_Qlm8xzIBqeVWQoB58Pabr_28wk4XXtK4Npy9g9ubCJNUVAl_fdGvizyYXroffOimEwAHirasG2Ua6tbxAHUB7U14cE-ZyscmaW6ZzyyrunNxenfs/s1600/TSSC306.jpg
You can see the rest of the design team samples and link your entry at the the Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge site.  Hope you'll play along!

Today is the last day of this week's Weekly Deals.  Remember to place your order if you haven't already.  Stop back tomorrow to see the new Weekly Deals.

1 comment:

MJ said...

What a great mix of stamps. This is so pretty. Love the collage feel and the soft colors. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for being a part of my TSSC team!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...