Sunday, March 9, 2014

Daydream Medallions - Welcome Home

I was trying to figure out how to name this post. I thought about TSSC 304 - Sort Of. Why? Because this is the card I mentioned in Monday's post. The one I started for the TSSC Challenge, but then decided not to use. It was going okay, but I didn't really think the strip along the bottom would work.  So, I decided to leave it as it is. The card reminds me of double doors with a big wreath in the middle - hence the name, Welcome Home.

Stamps: Daydream Medallions, Serene Silhouettes
Big Shot: Floral Framelits
Colors: Calypso Coral, Pool Party

Here's the card standing and slightly ajar:
  I've had some people ask me how I made the fold. It's really very simple:

Start with an 8.5 x 5.5 piece of card stock (like we would use for a standard card). Instead of folding it in the middle, score and fold 1/4 of the way in on each side (i.e. at 2 1/8" from each end of the 8.5 side).  Edges should meet in the middle.

 Here's a picture of my other card open, so you can get a visual:

You can see the post with this card here.

I went ahead and added this to the TSSC Challenge blog since the sketch was the inspiration for it.  I just didn't want it to be my design team sample.

So, I told you this reminds me of double doors with a wreath.  What do you think?  Of what does this card remind you?  Leave a comment and let me know.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...