Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Team Meeting

Once again, we had a wonderful time at our team meeting!  It was held Sunday at the home of my upline, Frances Wagner.  Thanks Frances for providing a wonderful lunch and Deb Dodd for the delicious dessert!!

Here is the make and take we did.  Frances designed it using the new stamp set Everything Eleanor.  The sentiment is from Pursuit of Happiness.  I love how she also used the Tasteful Trims die and Baker's Twine, two of my favorites.


Here are the swap cards.  The first one is a double punch card from Karel Standish.  Isn't this just the coolest idea?  Karel has instructions on her blog.


This card was made by Debbie Green.  Looks like Mixed Bunch and the Blossom Punch were popular for this swap!  Of course, I think they are popular with everyone!!  The sentiment is from Elementary Elegance, which was one of this year's Sale-a-bration stamps.  With everything that's retiring, I'm glad to see this ribbon is staying!

 This card was made by Deb Dodd.  She used the Bright Blossoms stamp set.  If you missed it during the Sneak Peak, you can get it when the new catalog begins on June 1st.  I just love the angled card stock layers.  Expect to see that soon on one of my cards.
 I showed some of the cards I've made with fabric and the keychain we made at my last class.  I hoped this would give everyone some ideas.  I also demonstrated the rock and roll technique.  I'll post more on that a different day.

Frances had door prizes and I won supplies (foam board and a decor element -- that's all that's needed) to make a chalkboard like the one below.  Thanks, Frances!  This decor element was from S-A-B, but there are lots more available (both chalkboard style and regular) but only until May 31 (sadly they are being retired).  There are even chalkboard sheets that you can cut with your Big Shot!  How fun to use them to make labels (just like in a recent article in Martha Stewart's magazine -- except you could cut yours in cute shapes, like the Top Note or a scallop).

Oops, I just realized that the watermark on the board should have had Frances's name since she made it.  Guess I was distracted because I thought it was clever to put the watermark on the board in white like it was written in chalk.  Sorry about that!

Want to come to great meetings like this and have fun, share ideas, and stamp?  Join my team and you can!  Not to mention all the other great benefits!  Stampin' Up has introduced a new $99 starter kit.  Check it out here and then sign up to take advantage of this fantastic offer.  I'd love to have you on my team!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...