Monday, July 7, 2014

TSSC 322 Smiley Face

I've got to confess - this sketch was over for me the moment I saw it. All I could see was a big smiley face. I even put it aside and went back to it several days later - still the smiley. Put it aside again with the same result. So, I finally gave in and made a smiley face card. Here it is:
 
I tried to sort of keep with the elements of the sketch. It's not very close, but it is where the sketch led me. And that's the idea of a sketch challenge - to use it for inspiration and see what you come up with.

The sayings are from Petite Pairs: "So many smiles..." "...begin with you!" Seemed appropriate for this card.

Here's this week's TSSC sketch:

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9G8DzRnOl81yyh5BKiyjdpwGRrK1Gc2538hIhK7x-IDxK5ke6c6sl56EFW1FrzItK5f-J4UGnq8Gi4uji5pq53_k8mCtXt2XFX-f0UqrOmeGfo5Lf0jXfniqpei0RxnF94PFeY65NhpM9/s1600/ScreenHunter_61+May.+25+16.39.jpg
Supplies:

Stamps: What's Your Type, Petite Pairs
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper (DSP): Brights Designer Patterns Stack (Tempting Turquoise)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, StazOn Black

Link your project and see the rest of the design team samples at the Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge site. Hope you'll play along this week!

 Remember to check back tomorrow for a new set of Weekly Deals.

1 comment:

MJ said...

How funny! I love the smiley face it did look like that. Super cute card--great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC team! It was a hard one and everyone did a great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...