Sunday, June 23, 2013

Graduation Card - She Believed She Could

I know most of you are through graduations, but I wanted to  wait until some of the cards and gifts were given before I posted them to my blog so that the surprise wasn't ruined.

Today's card is once again done in Brilliant Blue and Crushed Curry for Garner High School's colors of Blue and Gold.  In May, I did a variation of this card in Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo (not trying to match any school colors), but sent it before I took a picture.

The stamp is from Feel Goods and I think it's great for any female graduate, but especially for an advanced degree or someone who's overcome some difficulties in reaching her goal.  I embossed the words so that they would really stand out on the dark background.  It was a little tricky because the card stock is textured so some of the areas didn't get any ink the first time.  I used my VersaMarker (retired, but you could probably use VersaMark ink and some sort of applicator, like a Q-tip(?), to apply it) to fill in the empty areas and then embossed again.

The flower was cut with the Daisies #2 die (retired) and the Big Shot.  The corners were punched with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch (retired).

Bonus card:  Here's a variation of the graduation card using the Chalkboard Technique that I posted previously.  You can see a few changes - layered on a Naturals Ivory Background, frame cut from Early Espresso Core'dinations and sanded, fewer stamps to accommodate the smaller black piece (chalkboard).  You can see the original card here.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...