Friday, February 26, 2010

Why would I want that? 12 x 12 card stock

I use 12 x 12 cardstock for scrapbooking.  What else would I use for my 12 x 12 album?  But until recently, that was pretty much all I used my 12 x 12 cardstock for.  Oh!  And as a backup for when I ran out of 8 1/2 x 11.  But you know what?  12 x 12 is great to have on hand for several reasons:

*  If you put layers on your cards, you know how many little 1/2" strips you end up with.  But, if you use a 12 x 12 sheet, you can get 6 pieces of 4 x 5 1/4.  The bonus:  your leftover piece is 1 1/2" x 12.  A very useful size!

*  You use 12 x 12 sheets to make the following cards:  trifold shutter, matchbook card, pocket card and more

*  Make a 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 nine page mini accordion album

*  You get four 6 x 6 scrapbook pages for your 6 x 6 album.

*  Get two 6 x 6 cards.

*  Get eight (yes, EIGHT) 3 x 3 cards or self-sealing cards like we made at the preschool fundraiser class.

I'm sure there are more ideas, but these will get you started.

So, next time you're stocking up on cardstock, keep the 12 x 12 in mind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...