Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Autumn Accents Cards

I have two different cards to show you today that use the new Bigz die, Autumn Accents.  This die is fun to use on its own with colored card stock, but it's also great to use with the coordinating Stampin' Up stamp set, Wonderfall.  The background on both cards was done by embossing the new Early Espresso Core'dinations Card Stock with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.  Then I used the new Stampin' Sanding Block to reveal the lighter color below the surface.  The Core'dinations Dust Bunny worked like a charm to pick up all the card stock "fluff" (that's a technical term there, lol) that was left after sanding.  This is the first time I used the Core'dinations and I've got to tell you, I'm going to be using it a lot!  I can't wait to get the other colors!


On the first card, I used the Big Shot and the Autumn Accents die to cut assorted leaf shapes out of different colored card stock.  Then I embossed them with the following embossing folders (clockwise from the top left):  Chevron, Houndstooth, Fancy Fan.

On both cards I used the new Natural 7/8" cotton ribbon -- another first.  I love that you can stamp right on it!  It was hard to see in the picture of the card, so I've included a close up so you can see how nice the stamped image is.  I used the set Friendly Phrases.  On this card I frayed the edges of the ribbon.  On the other card I wrapped it around the Woodgrain layer.

 To get the stamped images on the leaves, I cut them out first (again with the Autumn Accents die) and then used the Wonderfall stamp set.  It's kind of hard to see, except on the green leaf, but I tried to make the colors a little variegated.  I did some rock and roll technique and some thumping.  I actually removed a little color from the green leaf with the blender pen before thumping with other colors.  The acorn I colored directly on the rubber with Stampin' Write markers (Soft Suede and Crumb Cake).


All of the products used to make both cards are available in my Online Store.

Please feel free to contact me or leave a comment if you have any questions or if you'd like to let me know you enjoyed today's post.  Comments and purchases are always appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

3 comments:

craftystamper said...

Sue, you did a wonderful job making your Autumn card. I liked that you embossed each leaf with a different folder and tried different coloring methods. The ribbon looks great too. Must get some of that. Thanks for joining us at LNS this week.

Kris said...

Great card, love the stamping on the ribbon.
Thanks for joining the LNS challenge this week!

Jonia said...

What a beautiful card! I love the embossing and leaves. Beautiful and thanks for playing with LNS this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...