Friday, August 10, 2012

Perfectly Preserved Card for Holiday Catalog Kickoff Class

Here's one of the cards we are going to make tomorrow and Monday at the Holiday Catalog Kickoff Class.  There are so many incredible products in this new catalog that I've been having a hard time narrowing down which to use.  Luckily the next class is only a couple weeks away!  There is still time to register for this class and the next.  See details here and then contact me to reserve your spot.

The card uses the stamp set Perfectly Preserved and the Cannery Framelits.  This is such a cute stamp set and the framelits make it a breeze to cut them out with my Big Shot.  And how great is this?  You can buy both products as a bundle and save 15%.  Got tell you, I'm loving these bundles!  I'd be getting the items anyway, so the extra savings is just a bonus :)


I also used the Bitty Banners Framelits to cut out the sentiment and the border behind it and the DSP is from the In Color Patterns Pack.  It took me a while to warm up to Summer Starfruit, but I really like it now.  I think it's a great color for the pear.

Thanks for reading my blog today.  Hope you can make it to one of the upcoming classes.  I'm also getting ready to start a new round of stamp clubs, so if you'd like to take classes for free contact me to find out how (or see details on the Classes/Events page).

Edit 8/19/12:  Some of the stampers in the class were having a problem with the framelits sliding and then the image not being centered.  One of the ladies, Nancy Baker, suggested using an easily removable tape (Scotch tape type) to hold down the framelit.  It worked great.  Today I got a tip from another demo, Brenda Tapp.  She suggested using Post-It notes to hold down the framelit.  Sounds even easier than the tape.  Definitely going to try it next time I use my framelits.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...