Monday, August 13, 2012

Christmas Ornament

We made this ornament in the Holiday Catalog Kickoff class that I held on both Saturday morning and again today.  At both classes we had a great time creating and socializing.  This was designed as a Christmas ornament, but it could also be used as a fancy gift tag (which the recipient could then use as an ornament).

I started off by punching two scallops out of Always Artichoke cardstock with the 2 3/8" Scallop Punch (one for the front and one for the back).  I spritzed them with shimmer paint that I mixed with rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.  After adhering Sticky Strip to the back of one of the scallops, I took half a width of 3 1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon and pleated it around the scallop.  On the front of the scallop I layered a Whisper White doily cut with the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, a Cherry Cobbler button cut with the Sweet Buttons Embosslit and a Basic Rhinestone.  Then I attached a length of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and finished by attaching the second scallop to the back of the ornament (so the Baker's Twine is sandwiched between the two scallops).

Edit 8/19/12:  Some of the ladies in the class used the bigger, round button from the embosslit with a little bigger rhinestone.  That looked cute, too.  Also, a real button would look good.  I just didn't have 7 of  the same button in a coordinating color (to have enough for everyone), so I didn't go that route.  You could even use Baker's Twine tied in the button holes instead of using the rhinestone.  So many ideas.  Maybe I'll have to go make another!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...