Monday, April 18, 2011

Graduation Celebration

Here are the three graduation cards we'll be making at the Graduation Celebration class next week.  The colors on two of the cards can be coordinated to your graduate's school colors.  The third card is made with fun colors that will work for anyone.

The red and white card (I was thinking NC State) has white grosgrain ribbon and a stamp from Word Play that I love (Go confidently in the direction of your dreams).  It can be made with any color combination (see below for the Appalachian State version).

I really like matching the colors in a graduation card with the graduate's school colors, but sometimes that's not possible. That's why I designed the card on the top right.  The stamp from Word Play, Imagine the possibilities, seemed perfect with the graduation cap and diploma..  Thanks to my daughter for her help as I tried to figure out how to make the graduation cap.  You can't really tell in the picture, but the top of the cap is popped up from the other part.


The bottom card is also a gift card holder.  You can see the inside and more details here.  The ink colors inside can be personalized if you know the school colors (I used Garner Blue and Gold) but they don't have to be.

I must have been thinking of Appalachian State when I was making graduation cards because I made several in black and gold before I realized it.  I started with the star card and since I used gold for the stars, the color combination made sense.  I just got on a roll after that.  I have another I'll post in a few days.


(We won't be making the star card.  I just added it to give you another idea.)

For details about the Graduation Celebration class and other events I have planned, see the Classes Page.  I will be updating this page soon with May's events.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...