Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Flag Card

I belong to a group called Late Night Stampers and every week they have a challenge.  I have finally decided to jump in and give it a try.  For this week's challenge, we were supposed to create something patriotic.  I had started this card a while ago, but it just didn't seem right.  I'm sure none of you have ever had that feeling.  lol  Anyhow, this challenge inspired me to finish the card.


The cardstock colors are:  Real Red, Night of Navy and Whisper White.  I used the So Many Stars Builder Wheel with Whisper White Craft Ink for the stars in the corner.

I decided on thinking of you for the sentiment.  That way the card can be sent by a loved one to someone serving our country away from home or it can be sent blank to a service person and he or she can send it home to his or her loved ones.

If you are not familiar with the second idea, check out the website http://www.fromourhearts.info/

My church has made cards several times for the troops.  We originally were going to send them to From Our Hearts, but we ended up unofficially adopting our own group of military personnel to support.  We started by collecting other items they needed and ended up sending the cards as well.  They appreciated them so much that we did it again (and again).

I usually post these events on my Classes page.  Anyone local to the Raleigh/Garner area is invited to attend.  Your help would be greatly appreciated.  On May 10th, we will be making cards for a local cancer center.  We'd love to have you join us.  The location is St. Andrews UMC, 1201 Maxwell Dr., Raleigh, NC 27603   See more details on my Classes page.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Since I've already been on my soapbox, let me add:  take time to thank our military personnel --  someone you know or a complete stranger; verbally, with a card or some other way.  Don't stress about the details (who, how, where).  Just do it.  They sacrifice a lot to serve our country and protect our freedom.  The least we can do is thank them for it.

Blessings, Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...