Sunday, July 10, 2022

WagStamps Team ~ Sale-a-Bration July Blog Hop


Welcome to the WagStamps Team ~ Sale-a-Bration July Blog Hop. As the name implies, we will be focusing on Sale-a-Bration (SAB) items. As you follow through the hop you'll see lots of great projects featuring items that you can get for free during this round of SAB, which is happening now through August 31. You probably just came from Frances Wagner's blog. Weren't her projects great? If you are starting on my blog, you'll get there as you go through the hop.

SAB is that wonderful time of year when you earn free items for orders over $50, free hostess items for orders over $300, and a free gift for joining the Stampin' Up! family. Today I will be showcasing the Tree Lot dies which you can get for free with a $100 order.


The first card was made specifically for my sister and so the color of the camper is Smoky Slate, which to me is the color that most resembles silver when not actually using silver. I chose the verse, which is from Friends Are Like Seashells, because I think it is describes her - but it also describes her camper. You don't just see her type of camper everywhere. She and her husband got it when she retired and for the past year or so they have been having some pretty fun camping adventures.

The Designer Series Paper is a hostess item, Celebrate Everything 12 x 12 DSP. Hostess items are only available when you host a party, are a stamp club hostess, or place your own order that qualifies for hostess merchandise. It's a great deal and has some wonderful patterns, so it is worth thinking about having a party or getting a large enough order in another way so you can get it. And during SAB, if your total party or personal order gets up to $300 you also get a bonus free hostess item. The dies have an indentation around the door and the handle. I used my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to go around these lines to highlight them. It's suble but makes them stand out a bit. The top and the bottom of the camper - the parts with the lines - are actually separate die cuts so you can make the camper 2 or even 3 toned. But as I said, I stuck with "silver" because I was emulating my sister's camper.


This next card uses the trees from the Tree Lot Dies. You could easily use a Christmas message and maybe highlight the trees with Wink of Stella and it would be a great Christmas card. However, it's summer and I needed a birthday card, so I used a birthday message. While this would be a nice card for anyone, I like that it can be used for men because I don't always make as many masculine cards. I am sorry but I cannot tell you which set the sentiment is from. I went to the set I thought it was from to double check and found it wasn't from that set. I'm sure you can find an appropriately sized message. Thinking of You or Thank You would also be great options for this card.

I was working on a 3-d item for you but ran into technical difficulties - and because of it ran out of time. I'll share it later, so be sure to come back to see it. If you are part of our Facebook Group, Paper Crafting By Frances, you'll see it because I'll share it there, too. If you aren't, contact your Wagstampers demonstrator to get an invitation. If you don't have a demonstrator, please let me know. I'd love to be your demonstrator and help you with your stamping needs.

As you can see, you can use these dies on their own, but if you want more options and more creative fun, these dies coordinate with the Trees For Sale stamp set.

Thank you for stopping by and for following our blog hop. Next up is Elaine Pellitier. I'm sure you'll love what she has to share with you. She is also highlighting the Tree Lot dies.

5 comments:

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sue, nice cards. I love those dies and matching stamp set. That camper in my favorite part. Thanks for sharing with us.

Elaine Pelletier said...

Nice Cards, One of my favorite sets in the Fall SAB 2022.

Laura said...

The camper card is awesome, and that tree card is SO perfect. It is wonderfully detailed to look clean and bright!

Sue Root said...

Thank you ladies for the nice comments. I knew I needed these dies the second I saw them in the SAB catalog. Laura, I'm a big fan of clean and simple cards.

TerriLynn said...

Great cards. That hostess paper is really pretty & I love the Tree Lot dies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...