Thursday, April 7, 2022

Easter Friends Bunny Cards

 Today I am sharing an Easter card I made and also a variation of that card. We made this first card at my last stamp club. I stamped the bunny from Easter Friends on a Whisper White layer first. Then, before coloring the background, I masked the bunny so that he stayed white while the Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green were applied with Blending Brushes. I left the mask on while I stamped the flowers from Painted Poppies. After removing the mask, I colored the flowers with Stampin' Write Markers, stamped the Happy Easter, and assembled the layers.


This second card was made nearly the same way with a few small changes. I used Watercolor Pencils to color the flowers and then went over them with an Aqua Painter to give the effect of watercolor. Because I had a more limited selection of colors in my Watercolor Pencil set I had to choose a different color for the background layer. The Daffodil Delight brightens it up and makes it pop, but I think I prefer the more pastel palette of the first card. Leave a comment and let me know which you like better. I chose to stamp "may your day blossom with joy and happiness" on the front because then I can use it for occasions other than Easter such as a birthday or thinking of you. I could also put a Congratulations there and use it for a retirement card. I like the symbolism of Spring being the start of new life and retirement being a the start of a new phase of life for the retiree.


I hope you've enjoyed today's cards. As I said, with a change in sentiment, this card can be for more than Easter. This bunny would also make some very cute baby cards. Remember, just because a stamp set is geared towards a certain holiday, it doesn't mean those stamps have to be limited to that holiday. Branch out and give your stamps extra life.

#SimpleStamping

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...