Sunday, December 19, 2021

Peaceful Cabin Cards

Here are a couple cards I made with the Peaceful Cabin bundle. The first card is layered on a Night of Navy background.


The second card has a sponged background. You can see some extra hills on that card. That's because it was my first attempt using the Cabin dies and I didn't know that when you use those dies, you want to make sure to leave enough extra Basic White at the bottom so there's not a gap between the layers. I cut the extra hills to cover the base layer that was showing through the gaps. I forget the exact measurements I used, but it was something like stamping the cabin at the top of about a 2" high piece of cardstock. It looks like a lot of wasted space at the bottom, but when you cut it with the die, that's what leaves the snow. Then, the trees were stamped near the top of a piece about 2.25" high. If you visualize how high you want them on your card, it will help you decide how high of a piece to use. In addition to height, consider the length. I used pieces that were 5.5" long so they covered the whole base layer from side to side. Then I decided where I wanted the cabin and trees to fall from left to right. I had to shift where I stamped from where the dies fell naturally. That's okay. I just used my paper snips to cut to the edge in a way that seemed like it kept the same flow.


The last picture is the inside of the Night of Navy card. It's a reminder to put a Basic White layer inside cards that have a dark colored base. It makes the card look more finished plus then you can add some stamps that coordinate with the front and easily write a message.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...