Monday, April 1, 2013

LNS Challenge 217 (Blue Ribbon, Amazing Family)

The Late Night Stampers Challenge this week was to create something inspired by candy.  Here's my card:

 This is a close up of the ribbon:

I stamped the ribbon from the Stampin' Up! set, Blue Ribbon, on Silver Glimmer paper.  The stamped image didn't show up very well, so I colored it with Night of Navy.  Since I was coloring, I cheated and punched out the ribbon top with the XL Scallop Circle punch rather than cut it out by hand.  It's hard to tell, but it really makes a pretty, sparkly blue for the ribbon.  Next time, though, instead of stamping I think I'll just use the punch and leave it silver.  The ink did not dry quickly and so I ended up with Night of Navy all over my hands.  Even though I washed my hands frequently, I still kept getting it on me and eventually smudged my card.  It wasn't all bad.  I ended up sponging the card with Night of Navy and Silver which carries on the slightly grunge look of the Blue Ribbon set.  The silver doesn't show up much in the picture, but I like the way it mixes with the Night of Navy.  I colored the "1" with the Silver Stampin' Dazzle Marker.

Can you guess what candy inspired this card?  A York Peppermint Patty wrapper.  The blue seemed darker on the wrapper (empty of course, because I had to eat the candy for inspiration, lol) in my craft room.  But that could be because I only had the overhead light on and not the brighter one on my craft table.

You can see the rest of the design team samples and link your entry here.  Hope you'll play along this week!

3 comments:

MJ said...

I guessed the candy right away! Fabulous job. Love the sparkle paper. Coloring it was a great idea!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

I love that! Very neat idea!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Kris Sobolik said...

Love that glimmer paper and your card is just awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...