Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hooray! and Thank You!

Over the past several months I have not been as active on my blog or as a demonstrator as I would have liked.  I've mentioned that it's due to health problems, but I don't think I ever went into details.  Well, I was diagnosed with breast cancer over the summer and after a lumpectomy went through chemotherapy.  I am happy to say that I had my last chemo treatment yesterday!  Yeah!  Yippee!  Hooray!

I also want to say thank you to my regular blog readers and my customers (and of course my family, friends, and church family -- not all of which are mutually exclusive -- several of you fall into multiple categories) for sticking by me during this difficult time.  I've been amazed and blessed by the outpouring of prayers, help, meals, support, cards, etc.  I'm hoping to get back to a somewhat normal schedule after the first of the year.

Today's card is in honor of finishing my chemo treatments.

While some of the items are not available, you could easily substitute the Ribbon of Hope stamp for the die cut ribbon and current designer series paper (and matching color cardstock strip in the middle).  The large scallop circle was cut using the  Scallop Circle # 2 die.  The circle under the ribbon was cut using the Circles #2 die.  I really like both those dies because they increase my layering ability.

With all of Stampin' Up's wonderful colors, you can match the ribbon (and, of course, scallop circle and background layer) to whatever type of cancer the person you make the card for is battling.  Then you can coordinate the desinger series paper with the ribbon color.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...