Friday, May 13, 2011

Open Sea Globe box

This box is made with the Box #2 die.  I wanted a masculine way to give a gift card (it fits in at an angle) and this did the trick.  I realized after I made it that had I made the base Naturals White instead of Sahara Sand, it would have coordinated with the card posted here.  I'll keep that in mind when I start getting Father's Day gifts around.

And yes, the sentiment is mounted on the box straight.  It's just my photography that's crooked.



This box was super easy to make, thanks to the Big Shot and box #2 die!  I stamped the resulting die cut all over with the globe from Open Sea.  After assembling the box, basically folding it on the score lines and then adding Sticky Strip to one little flap, I used Stampin' Dimensionals to mount the sentiment from Word Play.  That phrase pairs so nicely with the globe stamp!

I angled the edges of the flap and then tucked  it under the top of the mounted sentiment.  I used some brads for decoration and wrapped the Early Espresso/White baker's twine around the box a couple of times and tied it the ends together.  Like I said -- easy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...