Monday, November 15, 2021

Time of Giving Fall Card

 I had a lot of fun making this card. I especially love how the brick wall turned out. The brick background was made by running a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock in the Brick & Mortar 3D embossing folder through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.  Then I used my sponge dauber to rub Cajun Craze ink over the embossed piece. The key is to rub the ink on gently so that it colors the raised bricks and leaves the non-raised parts Sahara Sand color so that it looks like mortar between the bricks. I also did it so that the color wasn't solid, just like real bricks.

The leaves and the pumpkin were die cut with the Giving Gifts dies and the Thankful stamp is from the Time of Giving stamp set. These are available together in a bundle. The leaves were sponged with various colors using my sponge daubers. I used Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry ink. When cutting the scene dies from Giving Gifts, an outline is left around the die so you have to make sure your piece of cardstock is sized to leave the size border you want around it. In this case, I used a die from the Stitched Rectangle dies to cut a Pumpkin Pie rectangle and then ran the rectnagle through the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine again with the pumpkin die centered on it. Thankful is stamped on the same size rectangle. The Cajun Craze border underneath was cut to size using my Paper Trimmer. I chose not to use a Stitched Rectangle die for the Cajun Craze layer because the next size rectangle was bigger than I was looking for. The card base is Basic Vanilla. Both of the rectangles are popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. All of the leaves are flat, except the one on the far left is popped up with just a partial small dimensional at the stem end and then flat on the other end.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I you enjoyed the card and the directions on how to get your Brick & Mortar embossing to look like real bricks with the mortar showing in between.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...