Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Daisy Lane Fun Fold Card


Today I have a fun fold card - with tutorial - to share with you. I don't know the name of it, but it is super simple. With only some score lines and no fancy cutting, you can get a card that will really pop.

Cut an 8.5 x 11 piece of cardstock in half so that you have a 4.25 x 11 piece. Score at 2 1/4, 3 5/8, 7 3/8, and 8 3/4. Make the first fold on the left a valley fold, then mountain, mountain, and valley. And if that doesn't make sense to you, try this. See the center panel? Fold each score line down. Then fold each of the little panels up. If you stand it on the table and look down at it, it should look like this. Use your bone folder to get crisp edges.


The Whisper White layers are as follows:

Center (2): 3.5 W x 4 H (one for the front and one for the back center panel)
Sides (2): 2 W x 4 H

This is really handy - if you cut a 4 x 11 strip from a piece of cardstock, it comes out perfectly to get the pieces needed for the card. Cut at 3.5, 3.5, 2, and 2 (equals 11).

If the cardstock is laid flat, it looks like this after it is decorated and the layers are attached. I made my side panels a little simpler because I wanted them to be pretty and compliment the front panel, not distract from it.


Since the card doesn't open traditionally, I put the area to sign on the back. The label with the sentiment is 1/2" and the Daffodil Delight layer under is 3/4".


That's all there is to it. I told you it was super simple.

I love this Daisy Lane stamp set and the fact that it has 2 daisy punches that coordinate with it. I only used the Medium sized one - the smaller daisy in the upper right of the front panel - but there is a larger punch that fits the larger daisy. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the punched daisy.

Colors are Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White.

I hope you give this fun fold a try. If you do, please share your card in the comments or on my facebook page. I'd love to see what you come up with.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...