Friday, November 30, 2012

Double Sponged Sunflowers

We made this sunflower card in a recent class.  I love the Sunflower stamp.  It's so big and cheery.  I call the sponging around the outside "Double Sponging" - basically, we sponged in two colors.  We sponged More Mustard ink around the edges and towards the center and then filled in around the edges by sponging Chocolate Chip ink.  We left the Chocolate Chip ink out of the center to keep it brighter.  I think Double Sponging adds a lot of depth and visual interest.

 This is a variation of the Double Sponging card.  I layered scallops and the sentiment in the center of the sunflower.  On the above card I used a sponge dauber to add Daffodil Delight ink to the petals.  On the card below I did not do that.

On this last card I colored the Sunflower stamp with Stampin' Write Markers.  After coloring the petals on the stamp with More Mustard, I went along one side of each petal with the Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.  It took a little more time, but I really like the effect.  I also like the First Edition Designer Series Paper under the stamped image and how it shows through.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...