Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Same Layout - Three Cards

My mom is so thoughtful.  Whenever she gets a hand crafted card or a card with a particularly good layout, she makes sure to show it to me in case it's something I'd like to try.  I really liked one of her recent cards, so I re-worked it with current Stampin' Up products and here are the results.  We'll be making the first one in my class at the end of the month (5/28 and 5/29).

 I absolutely love French Foliage and cannot believe it is retiring!  I've also become quite fond of Friendly Phrases, which is also retiring.  I will definitely miss both!

This was actually the third card I made with this layout.  I left the ribbon off because I thought with the Fall colors I could use it for a man.  Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with masculine cards, so I'm glad to have one ready to go.
 Here's the French Foliage card in Spring colors:
Here are the insides of the cards.  I'll probably add a sentiment before sending, but I'll wait until I know who I'm sending the card to and the situation before deciding.
 Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Bright Blossoms (top card), French Foliage (bottom two cards; retiring), Friendly Phrases (top and bottom card; retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes (middle card)


Ribbon:  Rich Razzleberry 1/4" grosgrain (top card, retired, but available as Stitched Grosgrain), Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (bottom card, retiring, 25% off!)

Accessory:  Basic Rhinestones (top card)

Colors:  all use Whisper White

Top Card:  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
Middle Card:  Crushed Curry (returning color), Soft Suede, Cajun Craze
Bottom Card:  Certainly Celery (retiring), Bashful Blue (retiring), Daffodil Delight, plus green inks Gumball Green, Garden Green, Old Olive

To see other cards made with these products, click on the respective label at the bottom of this post.  If you are getting this in your e-mail, you'll have to go to my blog to see the labels.

Note:  just because there's not a label doesn't mean there aren't other cards using a particular product.  It just means I didn't label it.

The Bashful Blue card also work for this week's LNS Challenge, say goodbye to our retiring colors.  My time as a guest designer may be over, but it's still fun to play along.

2 comments:

Jonia said...

Love these cards and look how many stamp sets you can use with the same layout. Beautiful work and thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS!

Marti Crapo said...

I think the Trippe Square is a great layout - super card! It works well with all three cards.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...