Sunday, May 25, 2014

Golf Spinner Card

I have to say, I absolutely love the projects we'll be making in class on Tuesday (5/27). I've CASEd two of them, so it's not like I'm bragging too much. ;) I did put my own spin on them, though.

I got this idea from Lynn Starzl, another Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. It's a circle spinner card. I haven't made one of these in years. It was fun to do again. And with Father's Day coming up, this was the perfect card. Speaking of perfect, I have a retired set with a stamp that says, "Hope your day is par-fect". Figured it would be "par-fect" for the inside of the card.


The golf ball spins around the hole. How cute is that? If you check out Lynn's card, you can see how I changed it. I put the grass and tee at the bottom and put a flag in the hole.

As you can see in this picture, the golf ball even has dimples. They were made with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I just used the debossed side.


Supplies:

Stamps: Project Life Day to Day
Cardstock: Lucky Limeade, Naturals Ivory, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Early Espresso
Big Shot: Circles Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Woodgrain Embossing Folder (on tee)
Tools: Fringe Scissors, Petite Pennants Builder (flag - cut end off), 1 3/8” Circle Punch (golf ball), Build a Blossom (for tee), Sponge Daubers (to darken/shadow inside of hole)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you try one of these, put a link in my comments. I'd love to see it!

Not a stamper or not enough time? I will make this card for you to give to a golfer in your life for $5 (includes high quality Stampin' Up! envelope).  Contact me for details.

Also, there's still room in Tuesday's class – 1:00pm or 6:30pm. The other projects are another masculine card and a gift card wallet. See details here. Let me know by 5:00pm Monday if you'd like to come.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...