Thursday, June 20, 2013

Graduation Tri-fold Shutter Card

Here is the card I made for my daughter's graduation.  Yes, we gave it to her last week when she graduated.  It just didn't make it to the blog until now.

I chose to make a trifold shutter card because I think they make a very special card and I definitely wanted something extra special for such a big event.

Here is the front of the card.  I made a punch art gown and mortar board.  I tried to copy her graduation attire, but I left off one medal just because I couldn't get it to fit right.

 This card uses lots of retired items, mostly because her school colors are blue and gold.  When Stampin' Up! had the color renovation a few years ago, I hoarded Brilliant Blue because it is a perfect match.

The mortar board is just a square tilted to the side.  I cut the tassel out of card stock and attached it with a retired brad.   The purple cord was made with retired twine which I colored Elegant Eggplant with my Stampin' Write marker.  My hands were very purple afterwards!  I used one of the circles on the Owl Punch to punch the medal from Brushed Gold card stock.

Here are views of the card standing up and open (one from the front and then a top view):

Here's the card open and lying flat so you can see all the panels.  The stamps are from Word Play (retired - "Go Confidently in the Direction of Your Dreams" is perfect for graduation cards),  Designer Typeset Photopolymer (the graduation year - "2013"), Teeny Tiny Wishes ("Happy Graduation" on the bottom of the right panel) and Pure Gumption (all the rest).  The Designer Series Paper is Razzleberry Lemonade (retired).  The right panel is blank to allow for a personal message and signing.
 Here's what a Tri-fold shutter card looks like if instead of opening it according to the cuts and folds you just open it like a regular card (basically fold back the front panel).   You don't really open it this way, but if you decide to try to make one, this view might be helpful in letting you know that everything is laying right.
 I hope you've enjoyed seeing this card.  I spent a lot of time on it and poured a lot of love into it.


4 comments:

TexasGramma said...

I chuckled at your comment about Brilliant Blue. Our 2 local high schools have that color blue. Our state flag uses Brilliant Blue. I have begged SU! to activate it again to no avail. My stash is depleted. Boo hoo!

This card is great!

Jonia said...

What a great card for her graduation and a wonderful reason to celebrate! Thanks for sharing with us this week at LNS!

lisa808 said...

I love tri-shutter cards and yours is super for graduation. Thanks for joining us this week for the LNS Party Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! I need to CASE this next year when my daughter graduates.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...