Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Watercolor Bookmark and Tag.

Here are the make-and-takes from Saturday's Open House.  Everyone enjoyed the projects and had a great time!
 
Both tags use the new stamp set, Happy Watercolor, which is available in the 2014 Occasions catalog.   We actually made a modified version of this tag.  The first thing I thought of when I saw the Scallop Tag Topper Punch was that it would make great bookmarks.  The ones we made at the Open House were actually a little longer, so they'll stay in the book better.  We also added some dots at the bottom (you can see that stamp in the tag below - the Pool Party dots).  I like both versions.
 

I have to admit - at first I was wondering what to do with the "blob" as my stampers and I were calling it.  But after I started playing with it, I decided it adds a really cool look.  Stampin' Up! has a magazine for demonstrators and I saw a tag in there that I liked.  I modified it a little and this is the result:

 
Once I started playing with this set, I had a hard time stopping.  That's the way it should be, right?  So be on the lookout for more samples made with this awesome set.
 
Thanks to everyone who came to the Open House!  I always have so much fun with you guys!!  If you are local, come to an event sometime.  My group of stampers is the best!  So, you'll get to stamp, learn something new, and meet some wonderful people.  Win, win, win!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...