Monday, April 22, 2013

TSSC 260 and LNS 220 (My Digital Studio Card and Scrapbook Layout)

The Late Night Stampers Challenge (LNS) this week is:  Switcheroo -- take a scrapbook layout you've seen and turn it into a card, or vice versa! 3D projects still welcome using a card OR scrapbook
                  page as your inspiration.

I knew this challenge was perfect for My Digital Studio because of its option to change the project type.  After seeing the sketch for Techno Stamper Sketch Challenge (TSSC), I decided to make a card first.  I could have used a card or scrapbook page I already had for the LNS Challenge and then switch it to the other, but I thought the TSSC sketch would convert well to a scrapbook layout.

Here's the TSSC 260 card:

 I added the sentiment in the bottom left because my card seemed a little plain.

Here's the sketch for this week:
I used the option under Edit in MDS that says "Change Project Size/Type..." to change the card to an 8 1/2" by 11" scrapbook page.  I narrowed the dsp strip and made the flower (and the card stock it's mounted on) smaller.  Then I decided to make a two page layout, so under Insert, I chose "Insert Duplicate Page Mirrored".  If I had been planning ahead, I would have added the photo boxes before doing this step.  I flipped around the dsp square and the box with the flower.  Then I changed the flower to a title for the page.  After that, I just added pictures.

My Digital Studio is so versatile, which is why Stampin' Up! calls it a digital paper crafting program, not just digital scrapbooking.  Today I showed you how easy it is to take one project you've made and change it to another.  To see all of the great My Digital Studio products, including the program itself, digital downloads and how to get a free trial, see here.

I hope you'll give one or both challenges a try this week.  You can enter and see the design team samples at the respective locations:







3 comments:

MJ said...

Wow, great job on both projects. Great job combining the two. I am not sure why I did not think to use my sketch for a page--silly really. You really did a fabulous job with both. Thanks so much for being a part of the TSSC Design Team.

Ariel said...

Sue, these are great! I love the scrapbook page and how you used the card sketch so well. Great job!!

Jonia said...

Sue what a great way to combine both challenges. Beautiful work with MDS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...