Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lovely As A Tree with Top Note Die

The tree on this card is from Lovely As A Tree, which is an absolutely gorgeous set.  The fall colored leaves were done by coloring the stamp directly with watercolor pencils, spritzing the stamp with water and then stamping the image.  Then I inked up the tree stamp with Soft Suede ink and used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to stamp again directly over the water colored leaves.  I taught this technique (with this stamp) at a recent class and everyone loved it as much as I do.

I also used the Woodgrain Embossing Folder, which is perfect for all sorts of projects -- anything with leaves or trees obviously, but also behind a wreath to look like a door or with tools to name a few.  The More Mustard layer was cut with the classic Top Note die.  The acorn was cut from Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock with the Autumn Accents die.  I peeled the layers apart, trimmed the cap and glued it back on the lighter layer.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...