Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Digital Studio Cards using S-A-B Products

I have a whole bunch of pre-order stuff in my workroom and unfortunately I've been under the weather and unable to play with it.  Fortunately two of my pre-order items were CDs with digital content for My Digital Studio (MDS).  MDS is so easy to use that despite having a fuzzy head, I've been able to sit at the computer and sporadically play with it.

One thing that's nice about MDS is that I can try out different color combinations before deciding on a final version.  It sure can save cardstock and DSP by experimenting digitally.

The cards I'm sharing today all use content from the One Big Sale-A-Bration CD.  It includes all the new, exclusive S-A-B products in digital format.  In all three cards, the Designer Series Paper is Everyday Enchantment and the ribbon and brads come from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack.  In real life, the brads are 3/8" and the organdy ribbon is 1/8", but in MDS everything can be resized.

All three cards are on a Very Vanilla base.  It's hard to see in this post, but if you look closely you can tell.  It also explains why the ribbon appears to be running off the card :)

The stamp in this card is from Fresh Vintage.


The stamps in this card are from Elementary Elegance.



The top stamp is from Fresh Vintage and the bottom stamp is from Elementary Elegance.


I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of the things you can do with MDS.    For me, digital card making will never replace physical card making, but it is fun for something different.  I also like that:

* It's kind of fun to be able to size the stamps (and pretty much everything else) to fit the area I want.
* MDS includes several stamp sets that I don't own so it gives me a little variety.
* I have been known to design a card in MDS and e-mail it to someone when I've not gotten a card made in time to go by snail mail (admittedly, this is not ideal, but it's better than missing a big day entirely).

There are lots of other reasons to love MDS, including digital scrapbooking, but I've written enough for tonight. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...