Saturday, December 7, 2013

Happy 50th Anniversary!

Today is my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.  What an amazing accomplishment!  Congratulations to them both.  I hope they have a wonderful day!  Here is the card I made for them:

Because the 50th is the golden anniversary, the background is Brushed Gold cardstock that has been embossed with the Big Shot and the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The numbers were stamped with the retired set, Varsity Numbers, and then heat embossed in gold.

I read that the flower for a 50th anniversary is the violet.  I looked at pictures of violets online (a botanist I am not - I needed help) and this flower was the closest stamp I had (5 heart shaped petals).  I stamped the flowers with Elegant Eggplant ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and punched them out with the Pansy Punch.

Because it was getting darker, I used my flash to take the picture.  I'm kind of glad I had to because it really shows how the gold numbers shine and how the the flowers sparkle (though I think the sparkle is much prettier in real life).  I spritzed the flowers with my homemade spray of frost white shimmer paint and rubbing alcohol mixed in a Stampin' Spritzer.  I added some basic pearls to the flower centers.  The frame stamp is from Papaya Collage.

When I assembled the card, I made sure to use lots of Stampin' Dimensionals to give the card depth and add visual interest.  I also raised the flower petals a bit by pushing down in the center.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Many blessings, Sue

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...