Thursday, August 1, 2013

Footprints in the Sand

Stamp club met yesterday and the evening before.  We had such a great time!  We always do!  Here's one of the cards we made:



I used the Stampin' Up! stamp set, Baby Prints, for this card.  The bottom of the card is Crumb Cake that has been lightly sponged (with a stampin' sponge) with Soft Suede ink (so it will look like sand).  The base of the card is Pool Party.  I used sponge daubers and Pacific Point ink to sponge in the ocean.  Then I sponged over it with Illuminate ink.  That's what makes it look sparkly.

I got the idea for this card here.   I mostly changed how I did the ocean and sky.

I like this card because it's a non-traditional use for this set (I also love it, 'cause I think it's a great card).  I love to use this set for baby cards, and it would be great for scrapbook pages, too.  But it's good to be able to use it for other things.  I feel like I get more bang for my buck that way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...