Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Crosses of Hope with Flowers

I think this set, Crosses of Hope, is so pretty and I'm excited to finally get to use it.


I've said before that I think challenges are fun because you never know what you're going to end up with.
Originally I was going to use the cross and the Floral District Designer Series Paper for the Techno Stamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.  But I ended up cutting the Whisper White cardstock  to fit the cross and it was too short.  So, I rotated the card.  I still added the ribbon, but rather than add the two embellishments as on the sketch, I added punched flowers with pearl centers along the bottom of the cross.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out that it's going to be the third card for this month's club.

Technically, I could have used this as my design team sample, since this card was inspired by the sketch.  But I ended up making another card that follows the sketch more literally.  You can see it here.

Stamps:  Crosses of Hope
Designer Series Paper:  Floral District
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Lucky Limeade
Punch:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punck Pack
Embellishments:  Basic Pearls
Ribbon:  White Organza

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...