Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Digital Studio Anniversary Cards

Hi Stamping Friends!  Today is my parents-in-law's anniversary.  I created a card for them using My Digital Studio (MDS).  Actually I created two and let my husband choose which one to send.  It was so easy to do and lots of fun because I could just keep playing with embellishments and designer series paper (dsp) until I found what I liked.  I do that with paper cards, too, but my selection of embellishments and dsp is not nearly as large as the one in MDS (though I have to admit it is pretty big).

MDS comes with tons of pre-designed cards.  That's what I used for the first card.  I didn't find any pre-designed anniversary cards, so I chose a different one (thank you, I think) and then modified it for my use.  That's the nice thing about the pre-designed cards -- you can use them as they are or you can use them as a starting point and change them to suit you.


I designed the second card from scratch.  I liked that I could make the punches and stamps any size I wanted.  A note of warning:  you can make punches larger with no problems, but when making stamps larger it's possible that they will pixilate when printed.  Luckily, MDS gives a warning message if that's a danger.  


The dimensions of the two cards are different.  The top one is 6 x 6 and the bottom one is 5 x 7.  MDS offers several sizes for a traditional greeting card and also for tri-fold cards, postcards and tags.  In addition, you can use MDS to create photo books and pages (digital scrapbooking), calendars (great Christmas idea!), swatchbooks, and journals.  There are also multiple output options.

If you'd like more information about MDS check out this website:


I'd also be happy to talk to you about MDS.  Contact me by leaving a comment or at the e-mail address in the header.

Hope you enjoyed these samples and I hope my in-laws are having a wonderful anniversary.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...