Saturday, July 9, 2011

Petite Pennants Punch Card from Open House

Thanks to those who came out for the Open House this morning.  If you missed it, you missed a good time.  We checked out the new catalog, talked stamps, ate muffins, went through the retired stamps I'm clearing out, and made this cool card:



It features 4 of the 5 new In Colors and the new Petite Pennants Builder Punch.  The design on the pennant was made with the stamp set Confetti.  The Happy Birthday is from On Your Birthday.  The background was embossed with the Big Shot using Texturz Plates and the pennant was attached with white Baker's Twine.  I untwisted the Baker's Twine to make it easier to thread through the holes made with my 1/16" Handheld Circle Punch.  The top two corners of the Pool Party layer were rounded with the Corner Rounder Punch to tie in with the pennant and the bottom two corners were left squared to coordinate with the banner.

We also learned how to make the banner.  I'd tried this once before, but it's the first time I've shared it at an event.  Punching the ends was much easier with the Petite Pennants Builder Punch than the way I did it before.  If you look, you can see the shadows where the banner goes up and down to make it appear wavy.

See, you never know what you'll miss at one of my events.  I'm having a class later in July.  I'll post details soon.  You won't want to miss it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...