Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Project Give Thanks Cards

Last night I had the opportunity to make cards with our United Methodist Women group for Project Give Thanks.  You can learn more about the project here:


We made these cards so that we can start supplying a local cancer center.  There are over 60 cards here and these are just the ones I designed and prepped.  Another woman from our church also prepared for the evening and total we made about 100 cards and over 40 bookmarks (to put in the cards).  Great job ladies!

Next Wednesday morning, I will be doing this again with our UMW morning circle.  If you are in the Garner/Raleigh/Southern Wake County area and would like to help with this project, we'd love to have you.  E-mail me and I will gladly send directions (or an address if you want to mail cards you've already made).


I used an assortment of supplies on the above cards, some retired and some current, most of it Stampin' Up (the cream colored base on the embossed card is the only thing that isn't SU).  I tried to keep the cards simple since we were making so many of them and also because I didn't want to overwhelm anyone who might be new to card making.

The top card is Crushed Curry.  The flower is made with the Blossom Petals Punch and the sentiment is from Because I Care.  Next to it I used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with a sentiment from Kind and Caring Thoughts.  The last one in the top row uses the Butterfly embosslit.  The stamp set is from last year's Sale-a-bration.

The card on the bottom left uses the set Botanical Blooms and the thank you from Because I Care.  Do you know where the Certainly Celery and Pink scalloped layers came from?  The Princess Pary Kit!  We'll make more cards using elements from this kit on Wednesday morning.

The card in the middle bottom uses Sunny Fun and Word Play (which is 30% off this month -- contact me if you'd like to order it).  The one next to it uses Engraved Greetings and Punch Potpourri (it's hard to see, but it's in the upper right corner).  The 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain ribbon also came from the Princess Party Kit, which is available on the Clearance Rack.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...