Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Ever Easel Card

I have wanted to make one of these cards for a long time.  I just needed to sit down and figure out how to do it.  Turns out it was really easy.  I used the tutorial from Splitcoast Stampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/

Come to my Masculine/Father's Day card class on Thursday morning (or on Saturday, May 21) to learn how to make one of these cool cards.  This is not the card we will make Thursday.  The one we will make will probably use On The Green, but I'm still designing it so who knows what might happen.

Card standing up:


Even though once I had the card finished I realized it actually is pretty easy, I did learn some things along the way. First, always pay attention to the directions. Don't skim them and think you know what you're doing :) I ended up gluing the flap down to the wrong part and then had to fix it. Second, while the corduroy button looks very cute holding the card up, it leaves a bump when the card is closed. Next time I will use something thinner to help the card stand.

Closed:


Inside:


Go ahead.  Try your own easel card.  You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...