Friday, June 24, 2011

Baskets and Blooms Projects

I was completely surprised by the number of Big Shot items that are being retired.  One of the dies that will no longer be available after 6/30 is Baskets and Blooms.  The good news is that now you can get it for 25% off (now $29.96).

Today I have several projects to share with you. These are just some of the things you can do with this great die, but it's a start...

*I know some of you like to sew:  this is the die I used to make the cute little felt basket I had.  I'll try to add a picture if I can find it.  Can't believe I haven't already posted it.  Anyhow, I basically just ran felt through the Big Shot and then sewed up the pieces.  You could use the flowers on the die to embellish or add your own touch.

This is the traditional use for this die -- a basket.  These are shown from the front and the top (you can tell by the kisses about how big the basket is).  The flowers, stripe and tag are all on the die, too.


I left out the bottom panel and re-scored a couple lines to get this cute tote.  If this die wasn't retiring I would have been demo-ing a fancier version at my July workshops.  Showed the tote from the front and the side so you can get an idea of how it goes together.


I used just one basket side to make this card.  I left the basket open so that you can insert something in it.  The sample on the right shows a gift card, but you could put a check, a note, anything small and somewhat flat.


This card was made with some of the scraps I had left over.  You can cut your card stock to size so you only cut out the pieces you need, but I cut these before I realized that.  So, I made a couple of flowers and ran it through the Big Shot using the square lattice embossing folder.  I used a stamp from Hodgepodge Happiness for the sentiment.  I think the flower that is on the die would coordinate nicely with the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (haven't tried it, but it looks like it).


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Be sure to check out all of the retiring items and get the ones you want before they are gone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...