Sunday, June 24, 2018

NC SU Demos June Blog Hop - What's New With You?

Welcome to the June NC Stampin' Up! Demos Blog Hop. Our blog hop is featuring items from the awesome new annual catalog. It's been a couple months since I've been able to participate, so I'm glad to be back. For my project, I am featuring the Rooted In Nature bundle. I love this bundle and not just because of it's great name - ROOTed In Nature (says Sue Root). I know -- *groan*  (or ha ha depending on your sense of humor).

Anyhow, the framelits in this bundle have embossing dies and cutting dies. You can emboss directly on the cardstock, emboss and then cut out the embossed image, or stamp and then cut out the embossed image. I've done all three on this card.


The mat behind the wording was made by distressing the edges with my scissors and then wadding up the cardstock over and over until it got this great texture. I love this sentiment - Be strong, Be happy, Be you! There are lots of other great sentiments as well. Between the framelits and the stamps, this is a wonderful bundle you will definitely want to own.

 


 Hope you've enjoyed today's post. Next on the hop is  Sue Stapp. I'm sure she'll have something creative for you.

5 comments:

Jo Anne Hewins said...

I love your card. This is a set that I am having trouble using. I just can't come up with good ideas. Thanks for sharing your card.

WAGSTAMPS said...

Sue, you made me want this set now, it was not on my radar. Nice card, thanks for sharing with us. I also love the name for "you" :)

Toni M Campana said...

I so wish I had gone with my first choice of getting this bundle with my pre-order, but I talked myself out of it :( But it is at the top of my wishlist! I love that you used the dies to both emboss and cut for your card. Now I can't wait to place my next order so I can get this bundle!

Stamped Greetings said...

Sue - I love your sense of humor!! And, I really love this bundle. Your card is beautiful and has so many dimensions. The sentiments in the set are amazing and really useful for many occasions. Thanks so much for your inspiration! - Laurie Meier

Tracie Evans Langley said...

Sue, I think you have found the "root" of something special! Great card! Now I have to add this stamp set to my wish list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...