Sunday, December 31, 2017

What's New With You? NC SU Demos Blog Hop

It's time for another NC Stampin' Up Demos Blog Hop. This month the theme is What's New With You? It can be anything new - from the new Ocassions or Sale-a-Bration catalogs, a new technique, a new idea - anything, as long as it's new to us. I'm sure you'll see lots of great ideas as you travel through the hop.

I decided to use the stamp set, Fortunate to Know You, from the 2018 Occasions catalog. I particularly like the assortment of messages that look like the fortune from the fortune cookie. It's a fun set that you can use for a variety of occasions.


For the first card, I stamped the take out box and fortune cookie message on Whisper White, the fortune cookie on Crushed Curry, and the chopsticks on Crumb Cake. Then I cut out each element and adhered it to a Real Red background layer on a Whisper White base. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to pop up the fortune. I colored the heart with my Real Red Stampin' Write marker and the box handle with Smoky Slate.


This card is similar, but requires more coloring and less cutting. I still have the Whisper White base and Real Red background layer. For this card I stamped directly onto a Whisper White layer, except for the top cookie which was fussy cut and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The heart is again colored with Real Red and the handle with Smoky Slate. I wanted to color the fortune cookie with Crushed Curry, but could not find my marker. So, I dug into my retired stuff and pulled out my More Mustard Stampin' Write marker. I have to admit, I really miss that color. It's perfect for so many things, especially Fall cards.


This last sample is a simple, one layer card. I positioned the fortune cookies so I didn't have to cut out any of them. I like the other two cards more -- who doesn't like more layers and popped up elements? However, I make birthday cards for our Card Ministry at church and was looking for a quick card since I make so many at one time. I was on the L2L team and just got my Stamparatus, so I'm thinking I'll be able to stamp these up in no time! I colored these fortune cookies with Crumb Cake. It's not my favorite. I think I'll look a little harder for my Crushed Curry marker before I start cranking these out.


I hope you enjoyed seeing how the same stamp set and similar layout can look so different. The single layer card is fine, especially for what I need it for, but a few layers and some cutting really step it up for only a little more effort.

The 2018 Occasions catalog goes live on January 3rd. Do you have yours yet? For those of you in the Raleigh area who don't have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'm having an Open House on Saturday. You can come by and find out about my upcoming classes, do a make-and-take, get an Occasions catalog, and more. 

Thanks for joining us for this month's blog hop. Next up is Sue Stapp.


http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/suestapp/blog?directBlogUrl=/blog/2152011/entry/n_c_demonstrators_november_blog1

Here's the entire blog hop list in case you get lost somewhere along the way:

 Toni Campana
Tamra Davis
Jo Anne Hewins
Tracie Evans Langley
Laurie Meier
Sue Root - You are here.
Sue Stapp
Frances Wagner

 

4 comments:

Jo Anne Hewins said...

Thanks, Sue. It's fun to see someone's thinking process. Funny how a color shade and placement can make such a difference. Thanks for sharing. This is a set that I had overlooked.

Toni Campana said...

I had also just quickly glanced at that set but seeing your samples makes me want to go back and add it to my list! Doesn't that happen a lot when we get a new catalog? I love the inspiration :) And I agree, Crushed Curry is a great color for those cookies.

Laurie Meier said...

Sue - Thanks for sharing different ways to use the same stamp set. It really is amazing that different colors and placement of the stamped images can make such a difference. I hope you and your family had a great New Year's celebration.

Tracie Evans Langley said...

These cards so adorable, Sue! What a great idea to show how versatile the stamp set is by changing something as simple as a paper color! Now I have to add this to my list as well. :) thank you for participating our hop again this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...