Sunday, February 10, 2013

Floral District Card for Try Stampin' On Tuesday

I decided to try a challenge I haven't done for awhile - the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge.  I had kind of forgotten about it until I saw Mary Jo's sample earlier this week.  You can see the design team's samples and other entries here.  Maybe you want to go ahead and challenge yourself, too.
I love the Floral District Designer Series Paper (126919).  When I saw this design it reminded me of the retired Flower Burst embosslit (good news - it's on the Clearance Rack for only $2.39 if you go through my Online Store Item No. 114515).  It also reminds me of the big flower in Betsy's Blossoms (clear 126006, wood 126004, digital 127210), but that was too big for this card.  In the challenge sketch, the strip behind the flower was striped, but using striped DSP made the card too busy.  So instead I used my Simply Scored tool to emboss stripes.  It's hard to see in the picture, but it adds a nice touch.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see what I made for the challenges that I'm on the design teams for.

4 comments:

MJ said...

So pretty Sue! Great colors. I have not used that embosslet in so long--wonder where it is, lol.

Sue Root said...

Thanks Mary Jo. I hated to see the Flower Burst and the Simple Flower embosslits retire. I used to use them a lot.

Sarah said...

Great card! Love the colours and I can see the striped texture on the strip - nice touch. Thanks for playing with us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

Heather North said...

That embosslit is perfect with the Floral District DSP!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...