Friday, September 14, 2012

Sunflowers Galore!

I recently got the Sunflower background stamp and am so excited to have finally used it!  This idea was going around awhile ago with the Medallion stamp and  I always thought I'd like to try it.  Well, when I got the Sunflower background stamp I remembered the idea and thought it would be perfect for this stamp.

After stamping your image, cut it into fourths.  Then use each fourth on its own card.  You could make four of the same card, but I was having fun varying the design.  You'll notice I'm only showing you three cards.  That's because one has already been sent away for a very special birthday.

I thought it made a nice card just layering the Sunflower and then stamping a sentiment below.  This one came from the Stampin' Up set, Friendly Phrases.
 But then I made the card base Crushed Curry and layered the sentiment and really liked that.
 And then I decided to stamp the sentiment directly on the card, but shift it up from where it was in the first card.  I added ribbon below it and was quite pleased with the end result.
The ribbon in the third card is retired, but you could use Daffodil Delight card stock and Daffodil Delight seam binding.  I know because I've gone crazy making Sunflower cards and I've used both the retired Crushed Curry (as I did with the cards in this post) and the current Daffodil Delight (which you'll see in some upcoming posts).

I really like all three cards.  Which one I choose to use will depend what the occasion is.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...